Monday, November 02, 2009

Brent Spiner's Data Denial

BrentSpiner 
 
I think we should all get over me playing Data again. Not logical. Too old. Don't want to see Micky Rooney as Andy Hardy, Grandad. New Data! " from twitter


Well this is fantastic!! But the precedent has already been set, Data can age but....how cool would that be to see him in a Star Trek flick again? I'm not too sure. Perhaps the role is played out, but there is a whole generation that doesn't know who Data is or what he stood for; the cool, calm serenity of emotionlessness. 


But...I guess this means there are new Star Trek movies in the works. That's pretty exciting, the last one was great. 





I wonder if Mr. Spiner would consider reprising his role as Dr. Soong. That might be interesting for one of the sequels. 


However, it seems that I'm as opposed to seeing Data's character again on any ST revivals as Spiner. It's nice when people can just leave shit alone. But if you'd have to find someone else to play him, why not Tobey Maguire? Haha. Yikes.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BuzzFeed (funny shit)


Via BuzzFeed