Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh J.B. Poersch, You are Useless

Well--it finally happened. I unsubscribed myself from the DSCC's email list. That's correct, after 2 years of following these guys and after millions of emails from Poersch, Obama (whoever else the interns were pretending to be) it's over. I'm finally sick of it, the stupidity, the propaganda, the name calling. It's so petty. I guess we never graduate from High School, ever. It had everything to do with this following email:

(email after the jump)


Friends,

I need your help right now. The DSCC's November fundraising deadline is midnight, and Republicans stand ready to defeat health reform and destroy us. If we don't match their intensity, we'll lose this argument - and our majority.

Click here to donate, and a group of senators will chip in the same amount. Even $5 will make a difference.
Thanks for your help. (links disabled, I don't want to support these people in any way.)

J.B. 

BTW, donate today, and you'll get 20% off in the DSCC Store.

I can't give you $5, I have no job and am saving up money so I can pay the penalty for not carrying health insurance. It's going to be a long time before I can save up $700+ a year. That's nuts. Either way--seriously? They are going to "destroy" you? My God, I had no idea that health care reform was such a life-or-death situation for everyone! I'd say you're doing a pretty good job of destroying yourselves, assholes. I thought deliberately misleading speeches and cover-ups were Bush's game. But nope, the Dems are killing the "hope" they promised by continuing to do everything the Republican majority were thrown out for doing last year.

So, stop soliciting me for money!! I can no longer associate myself with a political party that does not represent my ideals or seem to care about what will make life better for our country. My friends, until we get a grip on our obsession with money, this is going to be it. In fact, this is it. Just like Michael Jackson.The US overdosed (not by choice) on Propofol and now its dead. No more music, no more plastic surgery to make it look normal. The US is a 'has-been' and will be remembered in history as a society that had great promise, God Damn they got the first man on the moon. Sadly, this will be about it. That is our biggest accomplishment and it happened more than 50 years ago.

Perhaps my outlook is too bleak, but it is justified. You can always argue for either side, no one will ever really be right. But my pessimism isn't baseless, I see the look in my community member's eyes and it tells me everything I need to know. We are failing and people feel hopeless. We are stuck in a complicated balancing act of social responsibility, ethical responsibility, species continuation, environmental responsibility and an ever increasing gap between the rich and poor. In fact, as you read this sentence something bad is probably happening. But will a $5 donation fix it? Nope, nothing will but an internal shift of ideals. The explosion of our world's population needs to be considered. Our natural resources need to be handled differently. Nuclear proliferation for war needs to stop. My country needs to find the passion for living again. Because what is happening now is no longer stagnation, it is decomposition. When I was a child, everything was new and shiny and amazing. Inevitably, the older you grow the more this feeling disappears. But this phenomenon is no longer based on a child vs adult perspective. It is the reality in which many, many people live.

In a society where nothing is new, everything is expected and instant how can we not admit that things are different? Shouldn't we adapt as well? Things should not trickle slowly through bureaucracy when I am able to download a 4 GB file in under 30 minutes. You know how much memory it took to fly to the moon? 2 kilobytes. Maybe I'm just naiive, maybe I don't know as much as I think, but life shouldn't be so complicated and it's definitely way too short to wait in line.

What is our government really doing for us anymore anyways? I hate to rant about politics (apparently it's impolite) so I'll sum it up to one nice little word "bullshit," spoken with a British accent. I realize my power is limited, I don't own the little red switch that makes it go boom. But....this has to stop.

In the words of a extremely smart man I knew, "I love this country, but I hate this fucking government."

No comments:

Post a Comment

BuzzFeed (funny shit)


Via BuzzFeed