Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I H8 Healthcare Reform Bill 1 *updated*




There's a feeling I get sometimes, when the floor drops from underneath me and my stomach jumps up into my throat. My legs get all shaky and I get really concerned. My heart usually stops beating for a few seconds. That's how I felt after reading this article about the future of our healthcare. 

Click here for YouTube video


My God, Lieberman you are a moron!! I was an ardent supporter of healthcare reform before all the government option and Medicare support was removed. All that was left was this watered-down, hunk of nothing. Obama is seriously hailing this as the best thing since SOCIAL SECURITY. What exactly justifies him making this statement? 


Come on everybody!! Lets kill this fucking bill. Shoot it in the face, then pour gasoline on it and light it on fire. Lieberman is a huge supporter of the health insurance industry, his endorsement of the bill is their endorsement. Basically--those bitches got everything they wanted. No government option for competition, no real effect to the Medicare program, and worst of all they are now forcing each and every American to own health insurance. 


I hate to be inflationary, but you all realize why there are all these TEA parties cropping up everywhere. The government is effectively taxing you to be alive. They are taxing you to exist. The Colonial Americans had a fucking revolution when the British taxed their tea. Now we are being taxed for being healthy and everyone just sits back and fucking accepts this. 


I am (haha, obviously sarcastically) out of words. WTF,OMFG,ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!


Boooooo. 


I'm not laughing anymore. It's happening people. They are going to pass this healthcare legislation soon. We are all fucked and fucked. Basically, Obama is concerned only with families, businesses and the government. He does not give a shit about you or I as an individual. In fact, he is going to make sure that we are exploited at the benefit of these other people.


So, this is the beginning of the socialization process. Either get married or fucking suffer. I hope I don't get sick any time soon. I wonder what, if anything, this is going to do to my legal status. Perhaps I will be considered a criminal because I am not carrying my life tax. This is crazy, crazy, crazy.


Guess what we gave up, passing this legislation as soon as Christmas?


Soon we will probably have the following happen in our healthcare overhaul: 


                        "leave in place the insurance industry's exemption from antitrust laws"
                        " increase restrictions on abortion coverage in a new insurance marketplace the bill would establish."      


Also - - these are the things that we have lost over the negotiation process:
     -expanded Medicare and Medicaid
     -no public insurance option
     -no requirement for large companies to provide insurance 
     -no Medicare age increase
     
This is what is going to be effected, basically: 
     -force most Americans to buy insurance
     -slow the rate of healthcare spending
     -slightly reform insurance practices to be more consumer-friendly
     -government will establish an "exchange" to show you how to shop for insurance 
     -subsidies to help low-income families (family of four who make up to $88,000 a year)


The whole thing is being subsidized by cuts to Medicare payments. This will lead to more recipients of Medicare, yet less money for their healthcare. Is any of this really looking like the greatest reform since Social Security? Not really. 


It seems that Obama just wants to be re-elected and realizes he has to do something big that he actually promised to do. He said, in his statement recently about passing healthcare reform, "I told my former colleagues today ... that we simply cannot allow differences over individual elements of this plan to prevent us from meeting our responsibility to solve a long-standing and urgent problem for the American people."


That's all good and well, Mr. President, but how does any of this solve the problems of the American people? All I see as is a (as Bill Maher called it) big, fat, sloppy blow-job to the insurance industry. They got everything they could have possibly asked for, and more, in this bill. 


It is sad how quickly good people can sell out in our vast wasteland of unpolitical and unethical United States of America. 


Get ready for more debt, more senseless death, and low, low, low public ratings. Glad I am not you, Big O. 
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BuzzFeed (funny shit)


Via BuzzFeed