Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret


I know, I know. I am slow when it comes to catching up with internet videos. But I came across this little gem this morning called The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret. It stars David Cross (Mr. Show, Arrested Development, pretty much everything) as Todd Margaret, Will Arnett (Arrested Development, Let's Go to Prison) and Spike Jonze.


So far there is only a pilot, which has yet to be released anywhere outside of the UK. Channel 4's website lists the following synopsis:

"American Todd Margaret bluffs his way into an apparently great job opportunity, heading up the sales team in his employer's London office. All he has to do is sell a dozen container loads

of dodgy Korean energy drink before his psychotic boss visits him in a week. Simple. Apart from the fact that he knows nothing about British culture and nothing about sales. He also only has one employee to assist him, Dave, who is perhaps the most wilfully unhelpful employee ever.

Todd's life is further complicated when he lies continuously to cover his ignorance and spectacularly fails to impress beautiful cafe owner Alice. Dave soon takes full advantage of Todd's situation and chaos ensues."


As you can see from the 3 minute clip, this shit is hilarious. I like seeing Will Arnett like this, very typical American male. The saddest part of the entire clip, I saw, was the "How Not to Be a Pussy" CD. I think I own that as well.

Critics seem to have reviewed in favorably, I did read this in one of the reviews:

(****spoiler alert****)

"a prologue involves Todd standing in court as a list of charges is read out by a judge, including "funding a terrorist organisation, possession of biological weapons, treason..." before a caption whisks us back "14 days earlier..."

That sounds fantastic, hopefully I can find some way to watch it. Come one Hulu!! Don't be a bitch!!

I guess for now, I will just have to settle with this clip:


Original Video - More videos at TinyPic


David Cross, I miss the good ole days of Mr. Show. When Tenacious D was still relatively unknown and sketch comedy was still pretty funny. I've never been captured in South America, but that sounds amazing. Nothing more hilarious than an American being forced to lived with Brits and Blinds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BuzzFeed (funny shit)


Via BuzzFeed